Friday, November 28, 2008

What is wrong with Rang De Basanti, A Wednesday, Guru

I did not complete the Indian Idol series but I wanted to post on this for many days. There have been 3 movies which were hits and everyone around me appreciated that Hindi Movie industry is finally making "good movies". Although, I did not like Guru at all, I will touch on that later. But, Rang de and A Wednesday were indeed well made movies. So, is my title wrong? No, I basically do not agree with the message being sent out by these two movies. Rang de sends out a rather dumb message that if you kill the problem creator, you are great. So, I don't understand why India then needs law, courts, judiciary system if any one can decide what is wrong and if it's wrong, what penalty should be given to him or her. So, is it right that if I feel that someone is doing something wrong, I can kill him. Are we moving from democracy to Anarchy or something? "A Wednesday" sends out a similar message that we do not need to take the terrorists to courts and instead directly kill them and a common man decides who is terrorist and what punishment should he or she get. It is absolutely ridiculous. Currently, a very serious attack happened on Mumbai and I am pretty sure that there will be a strong emotion among Indians that this movie act is indeed correct. Instead what India needs is a robust intelligence network. Finally, I thought Guru was a lacklustre movie anyways and that we don't need a Mani Ratnam to direct such a movie. But, more so that he has tried to glorify the wrong acts of the protagonist and it basically shows that you can succeed by committing all bad deeds. I want more films like Yuva to come out which instills a positive vibe among us to do something good rather than the above mentioned movies.

PS: This post has borrowed some thoughts out of: www.sujaiblog.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home